Arcade Fire secret show in Barcelona!















O. M. M*****ING. G. For real, that's about all I can I say right now. History was made tonight and I was there. I just got back and now it feels like a dream.


I can't say that much about the show because (no joke) I had to sign an NDA before I went. But I can say Arcade Fire was so fucking awesome and intense and on point tonight you probably wouldn't believe me anyway.

Holy shit!!

The nite began in a hotel off the Ramblas. They took us into a ballroom and made us fill out all these legal forms and hand over our cell phones. Then buses took us to a castle just outside Barcelona, designed by Gaudi. There were maybe 50 of us standing around in this dark ginormous room, the only light from candles on stands. All of a sudden, Win comes onto this low platform wearing a black Illuminati robe . He throws his hood back and said a bunch of stuff in Spanish. (One girl said she thought it was Catalan but wasn’t sure).
Regine comes out, also in a black robe, followed by everyone else—all wearing these cloaks like monks. They threw back their hoods and just went “Wooooooaaah-oooooh” and everything went crazy! Some of the new songs were really electronic and ravey, others sounded like U2 or maybe Bowie. One  was in German (?!) At one point, they're playing a new song (whose title can’t say which b/c NDA) and at the chorus they all take off the robes and have shirts underneath with words across the front. (I'm pretty sure Regine's said "TOUJOURS MAINTAIN" and I know Win’s said “WIN.”)




Then they get to this part of a song that goes “put your money on me, put your money on me” and one realliy tall girl comes walking toward the stage holding up a  10 bill like a religious offering. We all started doing it until there's money all over the stage, like leaves blowing around. Then AF goes into this epic disco song that felt like pure joy in sound at least two people are crying it's so beautiful. 

I gave them my work phone… but I kept my real phone hahahahahaha and I managed to take some photos. Seriously, it was like an ayhuasca ceremony, only with way less puking and way more AWESOME.

I am so glad I moved to Barcelona!!!!!!